Who Can Join
You are eligible to join the Employees Choice Federal Credit Union if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Employee of the City of El Cajon, the City of La Mesa, or the Helix Water District;
- Retiree of the above employers; or
- An immediate family member of an employee or retired person of these employers.
- County of San Diego employee who works in La Mesa, CA
- State of California employee who works or has headquarters in La Mesa, CA
- An employee, or an immediate family member of an employee, of any of the following Select Employee Groups: Roger S. Gordon & Co., CPA, Pfuhl & Knight Accountancy Corporation, and The Goods Insurance Agency
How To Join
A minimum savings deposit of $25.00 is required to open an account. This is not a fee! This amount stays in your account as long as you stay a member. ECFCU holds to the policy of "Once a member, always a member." This means that once you join you can keep your membership as long as you keep your account. Even if you retire or change employers!
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. For this reason, we ask that you open your account in person. When you open an account, we will ask for:
Your legal name
Date of birth
Your driver's license or other government-issued identification
Other information that will allow us to identify you
If you are unable to be present at our location, please contact us for information on how to open an account remotely.